Helping students, teachers, schools and districts succeed!
Sterling Literacy Consulting, LLC
SLC offers weekly, bi-monthly, monthly and quarterly job-embedded professional development to meet the needs of your school. Our customized support can be provided during school or after-school depending on your needs and preference.
We work with your teachers and literacy leaders to provide coaching and support to help improve the lesson planning and instruction provided to students. Embedded coaching is viewed as a powerful and effective method of supporting teachers within the context of the work that they do each day.
We help schools by:
* improving teachers and literacy leaders skills at analyzing assessment data,
* identifying instructional issues in classrooms,
* modeling and troubleshooting instruction,
* identifying struggling readers,
* understanding phonemic awareness and phonics,
* improving word study instruction,
* creating strategies to build vocabulary and comprehension,
* connecting writing to the literacy curriculum,
* communicating effectively